Dear Our NAMIQN Family,
The NAMIQN Board would like to wish all of you a Happy Holiday Season and express our gratitude to each and every one of you. Our holiday wish for you and your family as we go around together is that we all experience the true peace, love, joy, and healing of the season. May the year ahead bring new challenges and solutions which will unite us all on our mission.
We are proud of all we have accomplished this year and wish to celebrate with you!
Please join us for our annual Holiday Party, which we have catered from Iavarone Brothers, Grass Roots and Delicacies Gourmet as well as a phenomenal DJ all just for you!
A reminder to all: “The most wonderful time of the year” can quickly turn into the most stressful for many. When compounded by a mental illness, common holiday pressures can create a perfect storm of exacerbated stressors, symptoms and setbacks if not proactively addressed.
While it’s important that all people consider the impact of the holidays on emotional well-being, it is crucial that those with mental illness consider tactics for avoiding pitfalls. Of all the things on your holiday preparation to-do list, the most critical one is maintaining your mental health and practicing self-care. Here are some tips for coping and staying healthy this year:
- Stick to normal routines as much as possible and get enough sleep.
- Take time for yourself, but don’t isolate yourself.
- Eat and drink in moderation. Avoid drinking alcohol.
- Get exercise—even if it’s only taking a short walk.
- Listen to music or find other ways to relax.
- Make a to-do list. Keep things simple. Set a budget for holiday gift purchases and activities– and stick to it.
- Set reasonable expectations and goals for holiday activities such as shopping, cooking, entertaining, attending parties, or sending holiday cards.
Holidays are the perfect occasion to appreciate all the good things that the past year has given and all that is yet to come. A New Year is like a blank book, and the pen is in our hands. It is our chance to write a beautiful story.
The NAMIQN Board of Directors