Administrative Assistant Position
NAMI Queens/Nassau (National Alliance on Mental Illness) is seeking an Administrative Assistant who is detail oriented with strong interpersonal and communication skills and comfortable with multi-tasking. Duties include maintaining data bases, banking. record keeping, responding to Help Line calls, getting out mailings, and coordinating volunteers. Experience with Word and Excel required. Knowledge of QuickBooks and Constant Contact a plus. The ideal candidate would have a background in mental health and be personable, empathetic, and flexible. At least 3 years of administrative office experience a must.
Administrative Assistant – Mental Health Education & Support Organization
NAMI Queens/Nassau (National Alliance on Mental Illness) is seeking an Administrative Assistant who is detail oriented and flexible with strong interpersonal communication skills. The ideal candidate would also have a background in mental health and be personable, a problem solver, and self-directed.
- Maintain databases and communicate through email or letters
- Perform tasks relating to banking, including scanning deposits and recording deposits into Quickbooks
- Provide office support for the NAMI Walk manager including donor database entry, mailings, thank you letters, and preparing materials for distribution at NAMIWalks events
- Answer calls to the NAMI Queens/Nassau office Help Line
- Coordinate and supervise volunteers for mailing projects, phone calls, data entry
- Prepare monthly meeting flyers and materials for distribution at monthly meetings
- At least 3 years of strong administrative office experience
- Must be skilled in Word, Access, and Excel. Experience with QuickBooks and Constant Contact a plus.
- Empathetic and good at speaking on the phone to people who may be in mental health distress
Salary – Commensurate with experience.
Hours – 9:00-3:00 Tuesday and Thursday; 4 hours Monday or Wednesday
Resume & Cover Letter – Please send resume as a PDF and include a brief cover letter including experience, availability, salary requirements, and why you would be a good fit for our organization. Respond via email to: Ellen Victor, email@example.com